Time again for the house that Sylvester P. Smythe built and was tossed aside for being a lousy janitor. I have a bunch more articles from Cracked.com for you to take some time to read. As with other Cracked.com posts, they’re related to how Hollywood or comics come up with some weird stuff that may be less realistic than the “realism” they allegedly strive for now.
- 5 Awesome Sci-Fi Inventions (That Would Actually Suck): There’s this show on the Science channel called Sci-Fi Science where the host tries to figure out how some science fiction tools, weapons, and concept could conceivably work. As this article shows, sometimes it’s a question of whether or not they should. And they actually start with the infamous flying car.
- 5 Deadly Sci-Fi Gadgets You Can Build At Home: Beat the Sci-Fi Science guy at his own game and build some gear now. See if you survive long enough to take over the world. Actually, I’m sure at least one of these items can already be seen on Break.com doing damage to some guy’s baby maker.
- 7 Awesome Super Powers (Ruined By Science): If Hollywood and comics were really “realistic” as they say they want, superhero stories wouldn’t be made anymore. And there are times I wonder if that’s their actual goal…..
- 5 Creepy Ways Video Games Are Trying To Get You Addicted: Now any gamers out there need to keep open minds and prepare for reading. The author links to numerous articles to make his case and he isn’t going all Jack Thompson on anyone. Besides, it’s not just video games using these techniques.
- 5 Reasons It’s Still Not Cool to Admit You’re A Gamer: As the Game Overthinker has tried to tell you, some gamers bring this on themselves. Sadly, they also bring it on the other gamers as well, the industry doesn’t help, and still other “facts” are just plain wrong altogether.
Once you start clicking on links that prove the writers’ points or watching video clips you should be good until the next clearance article. There are still quite a few links left on my hard drive.